Adult Faith Formation
RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION FOR ADULTS (RCIA)
The Rite of Christian Initiation For Adults, or RCIA, is the program for bringing adults into the Catholic Church. It is for those who might belong to another religion but want to convert, those who have never belong to a church and those who where raised Catholic but have not receive first communion and confirmation. We invite anyone interested to join us.
Our program consists of a series of informal meetings where a small team of parishioners from St. Cecilia’s shares the faith with the RCIA students and answers their questions. We meet roughly every other Thursday evening starting in September and continuing until Easter. You make no commitment by joining the sessions. In each session we pray, discuss some part of the Catholic faith and answer questions. We also do a little socializing. A fun part of the program is the couple field trips we take to help understand the richness of the Church.
By the end of the program you will have an understanding of:
- What the Catholic Church teaches – what we as Catholics believe
- How the Church carries out its mission on earth
- The meaning of the Mass, our Sunday service
- How and why we pray
- How we are expected to live our lives as followers of Christ
- The meaning and importance of the sacraments (Baptism, Communion, Marriage…)
- How to live a spiritual life in the modern world
For more information on the process, see this overview.
Please extend this invitation to anyone you know who might be looking for a spiritual home. Classes begin in late September. Anyone who wants to join our program or just wants to find out more, please contact Joel Farrell at 508-881-3738.