Parish Finance Council
The Finance Council is an advisory body mandated by the Code of Canon Law for all parishes of the Archdiocese of Boston, which has established Norms for the operation of parish finance councils. Such Norms are published on www.bostoncatholic.org. In this council the Christian faithful assist the pastor in the administration of parish goods including monitoring the financial health of the parish.
Some areas in which the council provides advice and assistance include:
- Overseeing the process of developing and recommending approval of the Annual Budget.
- Reviewing financial results and comparing such results with the established Annual Budget.
- Deliberating and recommending action or activities that will increase receipts and manage expenditures.
- Reviewing and coordinating on-going as well as future fundraising activities including needed repair, maintenance, renovation or replacement of parish property.
- Communicating the financial health and status of the parish to parishioners throughout the year or immediately in emergency situations.
- Assisting in the preparation, format and presentation of the Annual Report that is distributed to all parishioners.
Members of the Finance Council are appointed by the Pastor. If you are interested in serving on this important ministry, please contact Father Cornell at the rectory.
Meeting Schedule: Every two months on the second Thursday of the second month, 7:15 p.m. The Council does not meet formally during July and August.
Members: Fr. Cornell, Holly Archer, Nick Pettinella, Katrina Poplis, Robert Powderly, and Michael Royer
Contact Nick Pettinella, Chair | Send a Message